Seeing Abstract Things

Monday, May 25, 2015

Every time I venture into an abstract painting I find myself somewhat lost. I guess the point is that by the end of the painting you should have found something along the way but with abstract works, I just never know when the journey is complete. There is a good amount of layering, making marks and covering them up, in this case across a six foot canvas for a conference room...but unless you regularly work in the abstract there is always the urge to improve upon it.

There is great challenge to be had, in reducing something down to to basics of colour and composition. I found this piece to be unique, actually going into it with a bit of a plan and colour tone, but finding out quickly that doing what feels right actually is the logical choice. Putting constraints on drips and splatters of paint is not a very sane thing to do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments